Extended Schools Provision : Sherborne Care And Play Association
Mrs Emily Clarke (SCAPA Manageress) / Mrs Diana Cockerell (Deputy Manageress)
Reopening Autumn 2020
SCAPA will be reopening in the Autumn Term 2020. As you can imagine we are welcoming our 320 children back and breifly need to test our systems before we can launch SCAPA again. Our plan is as follows: SCAPA reopens on Monday 14th September at 8:00am for Breakfast Club. Due to Coronavirus guidance we will be operating within our four new bubbles.
– SCAPA will be our usual paid service and will operate from 8am (drop off) – 5pm (collection). We are hoping to quickly increase these times once our systems are set-up & tested.
– SCAPA will operate within the large School Hall & usual SCAPA. Parents / carers to kindly drop-of & collect from the entrances listed below (following the one-way system around to the rear of the school)
– SCAPA will operate within our new separated bubbles as above to maintain safety
– The booking system for September will open on Friday 17th July for all to start booking children into SCAPA for September 2020 (please note our new EYFS pupils are welcome to start using SCAPA from Monday 21st September, when they are full time at school)
– The Breakfast & After-school Club fees will be split into three paying sections below:
Sherborne Primary School is proud to be able to help busy parents in Dorset and Somerset manage their work commitments in regard to schools’ timetables and holiday periods. The Sherborne Care and Play Association (SCAPA) is housed within a purpose-built facility in the school complex, providing a safe and fun place for children between the ages of four and eleven (Primary School age). SCAPA operates as a department of Sherborne Primary School (Schools Provision) and thus has full use of its playground and facilities.
During term-time SCAPA welcomes children between 7.45-8.45am (Breakfast Club) and 3.20-6pm (Afterschool Club) and during holidays (Holiday Club) between 7.45am and 6pm. Breakfast is provided to children during Breakfast Club and children are encouraged to enjoy some quiet time before the busy day begins. A healthy snack and drink is also provided at After School Club – an unstructured part of the day when children can play with their friends. During Holiday Club children also receive breakfast and a snack but parents are required to provide a packed lunch.
The SCAPA wing encompasses a bright and colourful room with facilities including kitchen, TV, Wii, sofa, enabling exciting activities such as cake and bread baking under the care of a qualified team of staff. SCAPA activities are wide ranging, from card playing; painting, playing with sand and clay, to football cricket, tennis, singing and instrument playing.
During the holiday period many day trips and additional special events are planned, such as swimming, circus skill workshops, yoga and sporting activities.
ALL BOOKINGS TO BE MADE ONLINE USING THE LINK BELOW (If you have any problems please contact the office).
SCAPA Online Payment and Booking service
To find out more about SCAPA please contact SCAPA directly on 01935 810001.