At Sherborne Primary School we have a clear and simple vision: the children should be computing-safe, computing-inspired and computing-confident. We use the Google Be internet Legends Scheme to support our children to be safe and happy online.
If you would like to speak to someone about using the internet at home with your children, then please contact the office. Childnet provides some excellent resources to use at home with your children. They have produced an Online Safety Agreement to use at home.
- If you have been a victim of a cyber-crime please report it online here. Alternatively if you wish to speak with someone call 101 or contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040, www.actionfraud.police.uk.
- If you have any concerns that a child you know may be a victim of Child Sexual Exploitation report it to Dorset Police on 101 or if you believe a child is in immediate danger, call 999.
You can also report concerns directly to The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP): www.ceop.police.uk
- CEOP is a command of the National Crime Agency, and is dedicated to tackling the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and young people. CEOP is designed to help young people (up to age 18) who have been forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity with anyone online or in the real world.
- You can also report child sexual abuse content and non-photographic child sexual abuse images to the Internet Watch Foundation.
Some links to more information:
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.